The EPA has designated January as National Radon Action Month (NRAM) with support from the US Surgeon General.
Radonova wants to help with increasing awareness of this cancer-causing radioactive gas by sharing ideas for what you can do:
- Test your home for radon with an easy home test kit and tell your friends and family about it. Post it on social media. Plus, save 15% on all Radonova radon detectors throughout the month of January by using code RAM23 at check out.
- Contact local school systems to encourage radon education at school. EcoSchools in Canada offers a handy Science and Health class outline for teaching students about radon.
- Schedule a time for everyone in your neighborhood to test your homes together. Mention it in your HOA communication, post it on your community Facebook page, share with your neighborhood on Nextdoor app, GroupMe, or WhatsApp.
- Take the Radon Awareness Challenge for strong lungs by blowing up a balloon with no hands and post the video on TikTok or other social media. Use hashtags #NRAM, #RAM, #TestforRadon, #RadonAwareness, #RadonAwarenessChallenge. (Try it, it’s harder than it looks!)
One in 15 homes in the United States have high levels of radon. Radon is the #1 cause of lung cancer in non-smokers and the #2 cause of lung cancer in the United States, according to the EPA. It is responsible for approximately 21,000 deaths per year. Lung cancer kills more people than breast cancer, colon cancer and prostate cancer combined. Spreading awareness about the effects of radon can be life saving.
The longer you are able to test for radon, the more accurate your results will be. Select the Radonova test based on the testing duration that best fits your time frame.
- QuickScreen is a 2-to-4-day charcoal radon screener which is ideal for obtaining a quick snapshot of radon levels.
- The 10 to 90 day Rapidos alpha track detector provides detailed and accurate results in the short term.
- Radtrak³ is the most popular alpha track radon detector in the world. Test for 90 to 365 days with this being the most accurate option.
Test your first floor, basement, and other first floor rooms where you spend more than 4 hours per day.
Radonova is the laboratory of choice for numerous government radon surveys, as well as other public, and private sector large-scale measurement contracts around the world. A truly global laboratory, Radonova is active in over 50 countries and has performed millions of measurements.