::Updated April 2, 2020::
It was announced on April 1st that Illinois’ governor, J.B. Pritzker would sign an extension to the current stay at home mandate originally set to expire on April 7th. Under this extension, non-essential businesses will remain closed until April 30th.
As previously stated, Radonova is still complying with all Illinois and CDC recommendations and is able to handle any questions/concerns about your radon tests, process any orders needed during this time, and are still in a position to process tests returned for analysis. Albeit with some potential delays as our team diligently works remotely to make sure reports are accurate and delivered in time for project deadlines.
We appreciate your understanding during this time and will continue to update our customers as things progress.
Illinois has issued 'Shelter-in-Place' - Effective March 21, 2020
Since the first cases of COVID-19 in North America, the US office of Radonova has been discussing and planning a work flow for a potential shelter-in-place mandate. In addition to the health and safety of our employees, knowing that our customers rely on us for accurate and timely measurements was not only a concern for us but a priority.
While the COVID-19 pandemic is rapidly and continuously changing people's work and lives, it was important that we considered all options. Eventually, following California and New York, on Friday, March 20, Illinois' Governor, J.B. Pritzker, announced shelter in place order for all non-essential business in the state of Illinois, where the US office of Radonova resides. As of right now, non-essential business in the state must remain closed until April 7, 2020.
What does this mean for Radonova Customers?
In regards to phone calls and emails to our customer service department and sales representatives, we all have access. Continue to reach out to us about questions regarding current tests, upcoming projects, copies of radon reports, etc. However, bear with us as cell phones are not as equipped to handle multiple calls at once like office phone systems and undoubtedly over the next few weeks our inboxes will be flooded with requests. Not to mention working from home while state businesses and school systems have suspended operations will prompt requests from smaller pajama wearing family members and four legged companions.
But we know the information our customers are most worried about is...
What should I do with my devices.
For devices that were mailed in prior to IL shelter in place order:
- These devices should still arrive on site at our US office. FedEx, UPS, and USPS are essential services and we do not anticipate an interruption in their deliveries, although there may delays in reporting.
- Radonova has considered options put fourth by the CDC and at this time will be capable of processing received detectors. However during these uncertain times interruptions may occur due to factors beyond our control.
For devices currently deployed:
- Alpha-Track devices - Radtrak² and Rapidos
- Both of these devices can accommodate longer deployment periods up to 1 year. Even the Rapidos, generally a 10-90 day test, is still an alpha-track device and can be left deployed for a longer period of time. If you are able, consider extending your measurement period and leaving the device(s) deployed, delaying the completion of test and return for analysis until normal business operations can resume.
- Activated Charcoal device - QuickScreen
- Please retrieve and return these devices as normal for the time being. These tests are returned to a separate laboratory in Texas which is also under a temporary shelter in place order. There may be delays in reporting.
If you have an Activated Charcoal device / QuickScreen detector and have not yet started the test, please consider delaying the start of the test until shelter orders are lifted and normal business operations can resume.
Reporting Radon Results and Processing Orders
Currently all of Radonova's remote workers have access to our database, RadOnline, and can still process and issue reported results. These will continue to be sent out as quickly as we can analyze detectors given the current circumstances.
Orders for our commercial customers and online sales will also continue. However, current circumstances may slow delivery times.
Until normal business resumes...
Please check our site for updates during the current shelter in place orders. The safety of our valued employees, customers, suppliers and partners is of our utmost concern during these trying times. We will continue to monitor the situation as it relates to all aspects and locations of our business, and will do our very best to adapt as it progresses so that we may continue to provide the best possible service.
In the meantime, please be safe, exercise recommended practices by the CDC and local health officials, and call to check in on your friends and family. Please accept our sincerest wishes for your health and safety, and that of your loved ones.
With best regards,
The Radonova Team